Thursday, September 23, 2010

Let's all live dystopian... Aesthetically speaking

I reviewed the just-released film, Never Let Me Go, for V Magazine during TIFF. As you can read for yourself, I didn't like it all that much. Even though it starred two of my absolute faves, Carey Mulligan and Keira Knightley, (I actually yelped when I found out they would be working together again), I found the film to be slightly vapid. I know it was intentional, but let's just say I shed nary a tear while watching them die. Anyways, getting back to the point. If this movie didn't involve tradge, death and robotic ends, I would want to live in it forever. Doesn't it look like an amazingly warm and fuzzy Gap ad? Like a trend forecast for everything you want to wear for the rest of your life?

If I didn't already ruin the film for you, read my real review!

2 comments:

  1. yah, i haven't seen the movie yet! i want to, because i read the book.
    by kazuo ishiguro. it is more enrapturing. i find books mostly are. this one was a little confusing at times too. you should read the book!

    nikjillb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. New designed template for funeral program, pemplates for funeral www.pinterest.com/funeraltemplate/printable-funeral-program-templates/

    ReplyDelete