Thursday, March 5, 2009

Long Live Le Schiap!









When 50 Cent said "I love you like a fat kid love cake", he must have been referring to the Surrealist 30's. I, like Fiddy, am just a little more than obsessed with that era in art and fashion, as well as anything that is a throwback to the wildly creative time. Subtle references usually do the trick, but an overt ode, like Dolce & Gabbana's fall dedication to the queen of the movement, Elsa Schiaparelli, sent me soaring.

Ballooned shoulders and nipped waists were, of course, major elements of the collection, but what really had me tickled pink (or shall I say shocking) were the trompe-l’oeil accoutrements! Gloves were seamlessly transformed into headbands and scarves as well as lipstick cases and watches into necklaces - so seamless in fact, they had me wondering where the artistry ended and the design began...

Bravo, boys! Bravo!

ps. we borrowed these pictures from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment