Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our Take: Alex Wang Goes Deep

Looking through Wing Wang's latest foray into beige Americana kinda felt like the first time walking through the halls of high school. I knew I'd kinda been there before, but it looked different and that was irking me out. And I always feel like that when a newish designer throws a curve ball like this. It's like 'wait, if I don't like this are you all going to judge me for being narrow minded'?

So, I'm just gonna put it out there....I expected slick body-con and what I got was bleached cheerleading...and actually you know what? I kinda liked it! There was just enough Wang angle-slashing to remind me of the good old days, but enough of a new direction to widen the horizon of Wang's future mass appeal. I'd give a whole-hearted bravo, but I'm still getting into it...

No comments:

Post a Comment