Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Our Take: Marc Jacobs' Frothy Journey

Ok, you know what I said about dying for Marc one season and then being perplexed by him the next? Well, this season doesn't exactly follow that cycle...because I'm loving and perplexing all at the same time and I can't decide what side of the fence I'm on. But that doesn't really matter at all, does it?

What matters most is that I love where Marc's head is at. I love his modern twists on Japonisme and the Ballet Russes... all the frothy over-the-top references to movement and that. But what threw me off a little was the overall presentation. The makeup for one was just too unoriginal for a man like Marc. Also, I didn't love the dips into Marc by Marc territory....after all, isn't his eponymous collection supposed to take the lead?

Like I say, loving and perplexing all at once... but who really cares. Lighten up, it's just fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment