Saturday, February 14, 2009

Rachel Comey: Our Take

Hopefully gushing about the designer won't turn into a trend, but I can't really help myself from saying nice things about Rachel Comey's person as well as her clothes because I think they are inextricably linked. I had the pleasure of working for Rachel last year and she's always struck me as a 'fly by the seat of your pants' type of gal. Her intentional haphazardness has always been a hit and this season is no different.

Randi's Pick

Rachel told me that she was working on incorporating humour into this collection and I think that really comes through in this number. The overall mix n' match look is fairly pulled together but look a bit closer and mini monkeys are swinging around the jacket!

...and just for a bit of shameless self promotion, check out a recent feature I just wrote on Miss. Comey for Cheek Magazine at the link below!http://cheekmagazine.com/cheek9_pdf/CHEEK_9_Rachel_Comey_web.pdf

ps. we borrowed this picture from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment